With the rise of nanny search engines, we take a look at some of the pros and cons of sticking with a nanny agency
Nanny agencies can provide several benefits, but there are also some drawbacks to consider. Here are some pros and cons of using a nanny agency:
- Convenience: A nanny agency can save you time and effort by handling the search, screening, and placement process of finding a nanny.
- Access to a pool of candidates: Nanny agencies often have a larger pool of potential nannies to choose from than you might find on your own.
- Pre-screened candidates: Nanny agencies typically pre-screen their candidates, including background checks and verifying references, to ensure they are qualified and reliable.
- Professional guidance: A nanny agency can offer guidance on what to look for in a nanny, as well as provide advice on employment contracts and other important considerations.
- Cost: Nanny agencies typically charge a fee for their services, which can be a significant expense.
- Limited control: When using a nanny agency, you may have less control over the hiring process and who ultimately becomes your nanny.
- Delayed start: It may take longer to find a nanny through an agency than if you were to search on your own.
- No guarantee of success: Even with the pre-screening and selection process, there’s no guarantee that the nanny you choose will be a good fit for your family.
Ultimately, the decision to use a nanny agency will depend on your individual needs and preferences. It’s essential to weigh the pros and cons carefully before making a decision. Please contact Manny & Me so we can discuss your childcare needs further and we’ll do our very best to find the perfect solution.